New Beginning of our retirement life

On Thursday the attorney informed us they could wire transfer the funds to us and we did not need to be at closing.  We went down to his office and signed all the necessary paperwork.  Then on to Geislers to stock up on food – only can buy alittle – no kitchen like our home had!!!.  At night we went to dinner with Denis and Dawn – thanks guys for a nice evening and enjoyable company. 

Woke up early Friday am – guess I was more nervous than I thought.  We got the camper all hooked up – packed just right and then took showers in our old house – after that Tim and I walked thru each room – many memories of this house – good and bad – but I loved it.  Did not cry cuz I left the keys on the counter in the kitchen and did not have to give them to the new owners.  Much easier on me the cry baby.  Said our good byes to our neighbors – missed saying goodbye to Emma and Percy.  Sorry guys. 

Started our journey on 91 north at 11AM – once into Vt we stopped for lunch in the rest area – kind of nice to get out and go into the 5th wheeler and make a sandwich and able to use my own bathroom.  Then onto 89 North until we reached our campground Mape Grove Campground in Fairfax, VT.  It is a small campground with only 26 sites, plus tents, but very pretty.  No activities but we do not care about that – price right plus it is the 4th of July and hard to get reservations at the last minute.  We were very tired last night – had an easy dinner, read, relaxed, 2 glasses of wine and to bed about 10.  Must thank our real estate agent Gail Lee for her wonderful care of us – it was a long hard journey but she was great.  Anyone wanting a real estate agent give her a call at Prudential in Windsor.

Up at 8am this am – had an english muffin and cup of coffee – picked up my 33 foot home, wow is work easy.  We then took a ride into Burlington, VT.  What a nice town.  Parked the car and went into the ECHO Leahy Center which is an aquarium and science center best suited for children.  We fit right in – it was so interesting with loads of fish – hands on exhibits about weather, science , etc.  Then we went into the little restaurant next door to get a drink and get out of the rain.  Rained only for about 10 minutes.  We then hiked up the hill to Church Street Marketplace – this is a street that is closed to traffic but has stores, restaurants – activities up and down the street.  We stopped for lunch at Adrianas and ate outside.  It was very good.  The only thing we bought was a spatula in Kiss the Cok for $3 – what a spender.  We also went nuts about a 1957 Chevy – talked to the man whom owned it for about 10 minutes.  Brought back many memories as Tim had one when we were dating years ago.  We then stopped in the wine store and bought a bottle of Sterling Vintners Collection of cabernet sauvignon.  We were introduced to this in Boston by Mike – it is a great dinner wine – cannot wait to eat so I can have some.  Life is so tough.  We then took a ride to Ethan Allen Homestead but it was closing in an hour so we decided to come back another day.  We then came back to our new home.  Got a really nice email from Kathy, jokes from Lucille, note from Ferninda – thanks guys.